‘PPA IN 2020. GETTING READY TO FIGHT IT’ WEBINAR
What’s happening in Germany?
In these last few weeks, several ASF cases have been confirmed in Germany, the first European pork exporter.
Immediately, countries like China, Japan, Singapore, The Philippines, South Korea and Argentina announced a ban on the importation of pigs from Germany.
This has entailed a strong blow for the German pig sector, but it undoubtedly affects us all. We are facing a great problem that we must confront calmly and bearing in mind the economic and health aspects.
The European scenario
In our webinar we talk about the possible scenarios that may arise after knowing this news.
- Regionalisation or zoning by the European Commission
- Drop in market prices
- Vaccines against ASF
- What can we do to contain the wild boar overpopulation problem?
- What measures should we implement on the farms for the prevention of ASF?
To cast a light on this unprecedented scenario, our CEO, Mr. Miguel Chico, was joined by 2 of the greatest experts on this topic:
- José Manuel Sánchez-Vizcaíno – Animal Health Professor at the UCM, director of the OIE/WOAH’s reference laboratory for ASF and coordinator of the Vacdiva projec
- Miguel Ángel Higuera – Manager of Anprogapor.
Watch the webinar again
Stay informed about the latest news son ASF and how it affects Spain and the rest of the European countries. So far, the audio is only available in Spanish.
Next week we will be back with a webinar on the training and professionalisation in the pig sector: a basic aspect to attract young talent that drives the industry.